As many of you may know, I love reading information prepared by the late Jim Rohn.
According to Mr. Rohn there are 5 Things You Should Invest In for Growth, Success and Acceleration.
1. Invest in Yourself. Those who develop real wealth always invest in themselves. They are readers. They study. They have an interest in people and wealth. They are constantly working on bettering themselves and stretching to become people of knowledge and influence. If you want to be a person who achieves financial independence, then you would do well to continue this journey of investing in yourself.
Continue to better yourself by learning all you can about business and wealth. Learn about people and what drives them. Learn about yourself so that you can maximize your strengths and improve your weaknesses. Always strive to challenge yourself and grow more each year than you did the previous year.
2. Invest in Others. People who develop long-term wealth are those who bring value to others; they help and invest in them – and reap multiple rewards from their investment!
3. Invest in Your Company. When you look at the richest people, minus athletes and entertainers, you will see that a huge percentage of them work for themselves. They own their own businesses. They work for wealth, not for wages. Profits are better than wages, because wages make you a living while profits will make you a fortune.
If you have a company, work on building it and increasing revenue. If you do not have your own business but you feel you are ready, consider starting one. Besides the obvious advantage for building wealth, there is also the added benefit of knowing you are charting your own course and determining your own destiny.
4. Invest in Hard Assets. One of the best ways to develop long-term wealth is to convert your money into assets that increase in value and generate income for you. Examples of this would be real estate, especially income-producing real estate, such as rental homes, apartments or office complexes. Certain collectibles may also fall into this category. When we convert our money into hard assets, we cultivate long-term wealth for ourselves by diversifying into different areas that work on our behalf.
5. Invest in Ideas. One of the amazing things we continually see is how ideas can become wealth. In fact, every company, every product and every service that has ever existed, first existed in a person’s mind in the form of an idea. You’ve all heard me say you must search for good ideas because rarely do they interrupt you. So read, search, go the classes and invest the time to seek out good ideas, because if you do, then you will find them.
Ancient scripture assures us that if we seek, we will find. Now, when good ideas are combined with intelligent action, those ideas take form and can produce wealth. Invest in your ideas. Cultivate them, dream about them, sharpen them and apply them. Then those ideas can become wealth for you to enjoy for a very long time.
My specialty is coaching entrepreneurs. As a business coach coach, I always tell my clients that there are 5 Things You Should Invest In for Growth, Success and Acceleration. Are you investing in these 5 things?
Don’t forget to opt in for your monthly copy of Elevations™, the newsletter that is “Helping High-Achieving Women Soar to Be the Best and Beyond™”.